- 400g baking potato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt for seasoning
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 2 white fish fillets, such as haddock, hoki, Pollock
- 1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 4. Peel and chop the potatoes into thick chips, then toss with the olive oil and some salt. Arrange on a large non-stick baking tray and roast for 20 mins, turning halfway.
- Dust the fish in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the egg, then breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Roast the fish with the chips for a further 20 mins, until both are golden.
- Present the homemade chips by layering like ‘Jenga’.