- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- Madras Curry Paste, 1-2 tbsp. for mild, 3 tbsp. for medium, and 4-5 tbsp. for hot
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- Fresh Coriander
- Prepare by chopping the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces and finely chopping the large onion.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, the juice of ½ a lemon, salt and garam masala. Mix thoroughly to ensure the chicken is evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-frying pan on a medium heat and add the finely chopped onion for 5-6 minutes until they become golden and soft. Add the chicken and stir regularly for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and madras curry paste, stirring throughout. For a milder version only use 1-2tbsp of curry paste, for a hotter version use 4-5tbsp.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in desiccated coconut. Leave to simmer for a further 15 minutes. Mix in fresh coriander and then serve straight away with naan bread and rice.