- 4 leg lamb steaks, 200g each
- For the marinade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp flake sea salt
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g fresh mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 40g bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Add the lams steaks in the marinade for 2-3 hours or ideally overnight.
- Pre-heat a griddle pan until smoking, rub any excess marinade from the lamb steaks and season with a little salt, cook on the griddle pan: 3-4 minutes each side for pink or medium and 5-6 minutes each side for well done.
- Serve each lamb steak with tabbouleh salad.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with boiled water, stir in the salt and add the bulgur wheat. Bring back to the boil and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the bulgur wheat well in a sieve under cold water until cold. Drain again and tip into a large serving bowl. Add all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve with the hot lamb steaks
Extra 222 calories for salad